Our client is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, they deliver innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. They provide their enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of an Agile Software Development team performing Java and open stack development. In this role, you will provide our customer with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You play a role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze big data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise.
- Lead the design and implementation of MicroStrategy software platforms, applications, and features.
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on requirement specifications, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
- Support technical support engineers with high-level and escalated customer issues.
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings.
- Learn an array of new technologies and make enhancements and improvements to software products and development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program; Master’s degree is preferred
- Experienced dashboard developer across multiple interactive RSDs as part of a single application
- Experience with managed views (iPad)
- Knowledge about how to achieve offline functionality for the iPad version (slice vs. filter; Subscriptions)
- Capability to troubleshoot / perform root cause analysis of performance issues (together with our architects)
- URL API experience preferred
- Self-starter/proactive consultant that can thrive in an agile and demanding project setting.
- Any MicroStrategy Certification
- 5+ years of software development experience with real-world knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operation systems, and other fundamental concepts
- Software development experience in an Agile environment
- Strong design and development skills on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and/or Mobile platforms
- Experience with optimization of high performance, server, and web-based applications
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- The familiarity of RDBMS and web services is highly desired
- Experience developing software applications and features in an Agile environment
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, attention to detail, and drive to deliver best-in-class software products for the industry
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Team-oriented individual, energetic, result and delivery oriented