The client’s leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. The client’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. The client is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
The Data Engineering team builds platforms and frameworks for building pipelines to process TBs of data on a daily basis. Our mission is to enable business users across the organization to make smarter decisions faster and develop a winning marketing strategy and engaging gaming experience. We are a very critical team with a high impact and high visibility across multiple business units. As we are growing our strength, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build and scale our data platform with changing business needs.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging data problems. Our platform is built on top of open source frameworks/SDKs such as Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Presto, and Apache Druid.
- Writing code to enhance current pipelines and contribute to add new capabilities.
- Influence and enforce good coding practices
- Taking ownership in what you do; this involves augmenting your code with functionals and automated data quality checks
- Optimize tech stack to accommodate running existing pipelines cost effectively at scale and improving overall stability
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
- Being proactive in identifying issues will be a key metrics for your success.
- We believe in ruthless data quality checks automations over hours of debugging when an actual issue is reported
- Working closely with data analysts and science team in empowering best use of data available for their workflows
- Mentor and coach junior team members to elevate their technical skills and help them grow
- 7+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer working on distributed systems at scale
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience in Java, Scala, or Python
- Solid foundation working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase.
- Ability to work with open ended problems, explore solutions, work collaboratively, and communicate effectively
- Passionate about building data infrastructure, platform, and reusable frameworks
- Working with large scale distributed systems
- Experience building pipelines on top of cloud providers like AWS, GCP.