The DB2 Database Administrator would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. This Candidate will be supporting the DB2 Mainframe environments and additional products on these platforms.
This individual should have significant experience as a DBA. This analyst is responsible for performing intermediate to advanced tasks related to database design and implementation, operation and recovery, security and auditing, performance, and installation and migration/upgrades specific to DB2 databases. Also, working knowledge in application design, development, and performance tuning. Oracle support would be a plus.
Application Support for DB2 Mainframe environment includes:
- Manages DB2 table changes to support application design and development efforts.
- Responsible for application database backups, reorgs, migration between environments.
- Supports Application Group Change Management migration of DB2 code, STP’s, security for production migrations.
- Supports Custom Archive purge procedures and jobs as required.
- Assist with SQL development with the Application group as required.
- Uses Change Control procedures for system changes that impact the DB2 database instances that support CICS, DB2 stored procedures or packages, or other environments, e.g. Batch job submission.
- Lead DB2 Application support for Disaster Recovery with the Outsourcer for database recovery with the outsourcers technical DBA’s,
- Manage, review, and communicate database projects with the Application, Infrastructure, and Outsourcer. e.g., DB2 upgrade, or required changes with the outsourcer.
- Support and assist End Users for proper access and database security.
- Support and maintain production to test database downloads.
- Handles Reporting Tool Admin and support issues, e.g. QMF.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Knowledge or experience with configuration of DB2 Connect, MQ Series, FTP Services, etc.