Senior backend developer (5+ years) with strong Node.js, serverless, and event-driven applications for our growing startup. You will be responsible for helping us create our core application along with the rest of the backend team. Our technologies are all leveraging AWS serverless including SQS, Aurora, Step Functions, DynamoDB, EventBridge, and others.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications Architectural design of event driven, distributed, serverless application
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions. Mostly Dynamo, but SQL as well.
Skills And Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with Serverless Framework is a plus
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance. Experience with AWS IAM is a plus
- User authentication and authorization (OAuth) between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable distributed application
- Creating NoSQL & SQL database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Big on testing! Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of Event Driven architectures
- Good understanding of Functional Programming
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
- 4-5+ years experience working on large, scalable systems
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies React/HTML/CSS is a plus
- Continuous learner. We want to see what you’ve done throughout your career to continuously improve.
- Someone who can “figure it out”. We want someone who comes with solutions rather than problems.